Thursday 24 January 2013

MOUNTAIN RETREAT BY FEARON HAY ARCHITECTS


I am totally drawn to this mountain retreat in Central Otago by Fearon Hay Architects from New Zealand.  At only 100 square meters, and I must add, 100 amazingly well designed square meters - it surely does have all one can ask of a mountain retreat.

Concrete, stone, wood and stark and dark interiors, and then a sudden burst of beautiful and breathtaking landscapes through those full height windows,  summer, winter, autumn and spring - I think any season and any day of the week will allow for a truly relaxing stay and inspiring stay.  I can imagine the long cold winter nights passing in a flash in front of the glow of that fireplace... I can imagine staying here forever! 

I am particularly interested in the finish they used for the kitchen furniture... love the surprising texture they've added to the mix with the wooden door panel on the column unit.   It's most certainly inspiring - the whole project very well done!

Do visit http://fearonhay.com/ for more inspirational architecture
Photography by Patrick Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment