Friday 13 March 2015

THE UNMADE BED

from here
from here
from here
Something comforting and oh so inviting about these images of an unmade bed - reminds me of moments between sleep and wakefulness... when you get up to get a glass of water and then get back to bed for those last few hours of sleep before the break of day.

I can't leave the house though if I haven't made my bed - I love looking back into my new spacious loft room - and there right at the end of the room is my bed, all made and all looking crisp and fresh.  Oh and how about a freshly made bed, especially if the bed linen has been drying in the sun!  Soon we'll have summertime in the Northern Hemisphere and I love hanging my washing out to dry in the sun!

Oh we do love a bit of sunshine out here!

Hope you'll all have lovely weekend lined up - I'm taking it easy this evening and catching my breath from the week and tomorrow its lunch with a couple of lovely girly friends, we're hoping to try out a new tapas bar which have just opened on my little high street.  And in the afternoon I'm heading out to meet up with another girly friend, also an old work colleague who have drastically changed direction - and I'm so happy for her;  for a late afternoon coffee - we're contemplating either the Tate Modern with those amazing views of the Thames and St Paul's, or perhaps somewhere on Borough Market... Look forward to meeting up with some inspiring ladies!

xx

8 comments:

  1. I really do love these images. Makes me want to crawl back in bed and take a nap lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! And thanks for the visit - yes something about them is very inviting indeed! Have a great weekend =)

      Delete
  2. Aah my! I just want to sleep now. Lovely post. Have a wonderfu weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Just been winding down and a whole brand new day awaits at the end of slumber xx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. I do love me some crisp linen too. I'm going to get into some fresh, crisp, white linen tonight too. Sun dried is by far the best! Strangely nostalgic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh just lush! Sweet dreaming and a happy and slow weekend to you xx

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete