Tuesday 17 February 2015

SUNDAY STROLLS

follow the mad rabbit.... you're almost there
columbia road flower market - you have arrived
beautiful hydrangea and succulent stall
a sea of heads as far as the eye can see
most perfect little lemon tree
almost went home with this lush bit of green
and some more people
random capturing of footwear and cobblestones
street performers and a little one jamming to the beat
time to stop for a little caffeine fix and a treat
good spot for a spot of coffee and a croissant
the one that stole my heart
me looking happy with my a beautiful split-leaf philodendron of my very own
So ... Sunday I had a good day.  And thinking back to it now I can count very many factors that contributed to that one beautiful day of bliss, in a sea of days that feel like I am absolutely drowning in my own mind ... and waves of thoughts that just come crashing down on me - pushing me back down against the ocean floor.

No Sunday was different, Sunday was good.  I think it has helped that I managed to de-clutter my space quite dramatically - and it has most certainly lifted a load, having a more minimal space does have an impact somehow on our thought processes and how we process them.  Not sure what the link is there, but I sure can be witness - it felt good, I felt light and I want to keep it that way.

I had an early start to the day, and tried out a new yoga routine in the morning; also something new I have just stumbled upon while searching the web for a springtime retreat.  I stumbled upon 'kundalini yoga' and wow - something very different alltogether, but felt quite wholesome and nourishing and just what my body and mind and soul needed on this particular day.  Have anyone else given it a go?  There are a couple of classes in my local area, and I am joining one on Sunday - quite excited about this revitalising find.  But also, much needed, as I feel I am on a journey to reconnect, or re-ignite myself - searching for my purpose - and it feels like this class may just help me on this journey of rediscovery.

Getting things done can feel really good too!  I think having gotten quite a few things checked off my list, I felt like I could really go out and enjoy spending some time just wondering, but also with a purpose.  In a previous post (last Friday to be exact) I mentioned that I was going to get myself a split-leaf philodendron and that's exactly what I set out to do on a sunny and crisp winters Sunday.  Blue skies and sunshine can most certainly lift one's mood - and so can being surrounded by beautiful flowers.... and hordes of people (not!) But without the people it just won't be the same, the pushing and shoving and slow milling around trying to sneak a peak at the flower stalls as you get shoved along.  The first gab I got I swung left and found the corner store where I knew, or was hoping to find my plant.  And... alas, there were quite a few of these beauties to choose from.  And in saying that I almost got distracted by a plant of a whole different calibre and character!  But pleased I stuck to my instincts.

After a coffee and quick spontaneous catch up with a darling friend, I ventured home - with the sun still shining and the happy sounds of people and chitter chatter still fresh in my ears.  I came home to a neat and sundreanched room - and realised with a real thug at my heart that I will miss this beautiful bright and sunny room once I move to the loft.  But - at the same time the move will bring a new chapter and some much needed changes for me - sometimes change is as good as a holiday!

I ended my day with a visit to Hillsong Church, it was a beautiful service and I felt content and happy and like it was a perfect end to a perfectly happy day.

Hopefully with winter now almost behind us, and spring to look forward to - this haze that I'm in will pass and if not .... least I'll have my new plant, and the reminder of a beautiful sunny day, to move me along into my new space...

All pics by me
Last pic by my friend Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment