Sunday 13 October 2013

MY WORK: MICRO CEMENT 'UPCYCLED' COFFEE TABLE





Its a cold and rainy and grey autumn day in London - and what better way to spend a Sunday morning, than with a leisurely breakfast, reading some blogs and finally getting round to showing you what I've been working on over the summer.

I've been experimenting with a micro cement finish, similar to the Cemcrete product range that I was marketing in Cape Town a few years ago.  But this time round I got my hands dirty and I have actually been working with the product, mixing and troweling and sanding and some more mixing and troweling and sanding and finally sealing.   The finish is only a bout 2 - 3mm thick and you can create some really wonderful and interesting textures and finishes in any colour you can imagine!  The finish is not only beautiful but also very strong and durable.   Excited is quite an understatement!  

The photo's I am sharing today is of a coffee table that I 'upcycled' with the micro cement finish.  It was probably 1 1/2 days work, which is a long time, but as the saying goes 'time flies when you're having fun'.  I guess with time I will develop my skill and work a bit faster, so I can continue developing a little range for my portfolio.  I enjoyed taking the photo's - it was on a sunny day in August, and there was just this lovely gentleness about in the air, the sunshine added this rather lovely magical glow.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linde,

    Love these pics! Do you know where I can purchase microcement in Cape Town?

    Many tanks,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tammy

    And a big thank you! I am sure the cretecoat range from Cemcrete can give you a very similar finish.
    I can put you in touch with someone at Cemcrete in Cape Town who'd be able to talk you through buying options.
    Are you interested in walls and floors or to apply onto furniture?
    Look forward to your reply
    Best wishes
    Lindé

    ReplyDelete