Thursday 10 January 2013

COMPACT MINIMALISM: HIYOSHI HOUSE BY EANA






I've been reading my way through many websites and blogs this evening.  Nothing really stood out enough for me to want to write about it.  Perhaps its a bit of mid winter blues, because usually in no time I would find at least a handful of interesting designs or posts, and I'd be all excited to start sharing... eventhough lately my posts have been quite few and far between, I have still been looking and saving (hopefully for near future postings)

Sometimes though I find myself looking for smaller projects and spaces, where you can appreciate the efforts that had gone on behind the scenes to create such perfection yet on a much smaller scale.  Also I guess because I find immense inspiration from these kinds of designs.

So obviously I was delighted when I flicked through Freshome and came across *Hiyoshi House* by Enjoy and Architecture or EANA as they are better known, from Kanagawa in Japan.  The practice is still relatively young and was only established in 2009 by KOHEI IWASAKI and TOTA ABE.

I like the small footprint of this house, and I love the double volume living room with views out over the landscape, and also up onto the beautifully decked terrace area.  The bedroom and entrance are on the ground floor, with the living, kitchen and dining on the first, and the terrace almost at a mezzanine level looking down into the living room, and out over the landscape.  What better place to enjoy the early morning sunrise...

I love the simplicity and minimalism and how easy the rooms and spaces seem to flow.  A lovely lived in space - this is how we live, we have stuff, and the inhabitants of this house is happy to share that insight - and combine their belongings and treasures in a beautiful way in this minimalist home.  





No comments:

Post a Comment