Thursday 2 August 2012

CAN MANUEL D'EN CORDA - MARIA CASTELLO

This architectural gem is on the island of Formentera and is situated on a 19,060 m2 plot of rustic nature.  'Can Manuel D'en Corda' was designed by a very talented Spanish architect, and a personal favorite of mine - Maria Castello.  

Every littlelest detail have been so well thought out - I love how she has kept the style rustic and in uniformity with the surrounding landscape, yet have seamlessly mixed in some very modernist trends.

A big fan of concrete - I see some beautiful worktops, the wet-room with beautiful floor and wall finishes - and the subtle grey floors throughout.  Cool grey, with crisp white and wood, along with the stone walls..... Uncluttered and beautifully executed design - I love every room and every space and it sits perfectly in its natural environment.

I am in awe, and I am in admiration of this architects work - simplicity always seems to reign in beautiful design.

You can read more about the design of the project on Architizer, where I also got these images from.

No comments:

Post a Comment