Thursday 3 November 2011

PAUL MASSEY'S GORGEOUS KITCHEN AND HOME


 
This beautiful home is in North London, in Crouch End, and just up the road from me!  It will be my task the week-end to find exactly where it is.

I am head over heals in love with that kitchen - everything about it is perfect!  I always thought I was a more modern kind of girl... but gosh, I stand corrected.  The whitewashed floorboards, the old butchers block, the worn pale green-blue doors.... not to mention those big bright windows!  The only question I have is:  When can I move in please?

The decor is simply stylish and very elegantly done.  Subtle tones, and textures and lots of bright natural light.

The bathroom is gorgeous - however, was this my bathroom in my beautiful house, I perhaps would've opted for some slightly more traditional features.  Don't get me wrong, I am the biggest concrete fan you might find this side of the Thames!  (And I am told this hammam-style bathroom has actually been created using tadelek, a traditional Moroccan plastering technique.  And a very similar finish can be achieved by using polished concrete)
But perhaps a victorian bath could've still worked wonders in this very beautiful space.  I do love the oversized vanity and sunken basin.
Paul Massey is a very talented and well respected interiors and lifestyle photographer.  And has proven here his talents stretches to far beyond the camera lens.

Images via http://www.paulmasseyphotography.com/
and
http://www.housetohome.co.uk/


1 comment:

  1. This is not the kitchen of Paul Messey. This kitchen and design belongs to Jacqueline Morabito. The kitchen of Paul Messey has the same style but is slightly different http://paulmassey.me/photography/albums/design-projects/

    ReplyDelete